So you have attended the training and create your first classes and you might even have posted a worksheet or two. Now you are wondering, is this it? All this fuss about a glorified photocopier.
Google Classroom has the power to be life-changing or it could just be a pain in your neck. It all depends on how you use it. But most training courses only focus on how to use Classroom to do the things you have always done.
This 6 weeks course is different, it introduces you to 6 ways you can use Google Classroom to change your whole teaching experience. You will go from being good at using Classroom, to being GREAT!
How does it work?
The best way to learn something is to experience it. So you will be a student in my class. Each week will consist of three parts:
- A demo assignment that you have to complete as a student
- Creating your own version of the assignment for one of your classes
- Using the assignment in at least one of your classes and giving feedback.
In total, you should spend about 20 hours on this course over the course of 6 weeks.
What does it cover?
- Combining Google Forms and Classroom.
- Collaborative Slides
- Optimising feedback
- Introduction to Hyperdocs
- Combining other apps and Classroom
- Improving Classroom with extensions.
When is the course & what does it cost?
I am planning to offer the course in the second and third term of the year. I might add additional dates if there is enough interest.
The cost of the course is R400 per person. However, if your school sign up 20 or more teachers, I will only charge R6 000 and you will get a dedicated course, which means you can determine the dates.